This website have moved to hunden.linuxkompis.se
Monthly links #2
This month comes with a huge dump of links! I recently decided to clean up my Mastodon posts, and while doing so; I saved some links by sharing them here instead. Enjoy!
- EU proposes mandatory USB-C on all devices, including iPhones - The Verge
- USB-IF Announces New Certified USB Type-C® Cable Power Rating Logos - Business Wire
- New stealthy Linux malware used to backdoor systems for years - Bleeping Computer
- Twitch Confirms Massive Data Breach Reportedly Including Source Code, User Payments - Forbes
- How Android Wallpaper Images Can Threaten Your Privacy - FingerprintJS
- Firefox Now Sends Your Address Bar Keystrokes to Mozilla - How-To Geek
- Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen details company’s misleading efforts on 60 Minutes - CBS News
- Facebook banned me for life because I created the tool Unfollow Everything. - Slate
- Leaked Facebook docs show the company saw pre-teens as an ‘untapped’ audience and wanted to ‘leverage playdates,’ The Wall Street Journal reports
- Ads are now able to bypass Google Play to install apps WITHOUT user consent. Digital Turbine DSP seems to be the one enabling it. : androiddev - Reddit
- ejabberd massive scalability: single node with 2+ million concurrent users - ProcessOne (2016)
- What We Learned from the Facebook Whistleblower Hearing - New York Times
- Marketers want to influence your dreams, consumers not so much - ZDNet
- Growing Crops Under Solar Panels? Now There’s a Bright Idea - Wired
- Fairphone 4 review: ethical repairable phone gets big upgrade - The Guardian
- Apple takes down Koran app in China - BBC News
- Linux patch disables TRIM and NCQ on Samsung 860/870 SSDs in Intel and AMD systems - NeoWin
- Google found guilty of restricting Android forks in South Korea, fined $177 million - The Verge
- Fairphone 4 has an incredible 5-year warranty, aims for 6 years of updates - Ars Technica
- Amazon hit with record $885 million fine for violating EU privacy rules - TechSpot
- How much are open-source developers really worth? Hundreds of billions of dollars, say economists - ZDNet
- K-9 Mail is back - K-9 Mail
- France fines Google 500 mln euros over copyright row - Reuters
- EU passes derogation allowing email and messaging apps to search messages for “suspect content” - Reclaim The Net
- Nasty Linux systemd root level security bug revealed and patched - Zdnet
- “I’m totally screwed.” WD My Book Live users wake up to find their data deleted - Ars Technica
- Some random thoughts about XMPP spaces - PulkoMandy
- 18 Unkillable Plants for a Home Office with No Windows - Maker Stations
- Enigma - A puzzle game inspired by Oxyd on the Atari ST and Rock’n’Roll on the Amiga. The object of the game is to find uncover pairs of identically colored Oxyd stones.
- pico-mpad - 3d printable macropad
- Framework is considering adding support for Coreboot
- 40% Keyboards: PiPi Mherkin
- oatmeal - A TUI cookie manager for Chromium-based engines.
- Sendxmpp incarnations - As the original sendxmpp didn’t receive updates in a long time and stopped working for a lot of people some more or less sendxmpp inspired alternatives have been created.
- deskreen - Deskreen turns any device with a web browser into a secondary screen for your computer.
- fm.awk - File manager written in awk
- go-sendxmpp - A CLI XMPP-client in Go that supports file transfers via
- “Skapa ett digitalt offentligt rum efter Facebooks haveri” - Dagens Nyheter
- Strömavbrott och elransonering stoppar produktion i Kina - SweClockers
- 9 av 10 HDMI- och antennkablar uppfyller inte kraven - Elsäkerhetsverket
- 7 reasons why shipping container homes are a SCAM - YouTube
- Double Shot Polyurethane Keycaps - YouTube
- How to Mass Produce Coca Cola at Home - YouTube
- Oreo Is the Knockoff. The Original Cookie Is Back for Revenge. - YouTube
- This New Minecraft Mod Gives You Incredible Performance With Shaders - YouTube
- The ThinkPad X1 Nano: A return to form - YouTube
- Maker Stations - Maker Stations is a publication dedicated to purposeful home offices and mindful productivity.
- Forget - Forget is a service that automatically deletes your old posts on Mastodon and Twitter.
- Vim Awesome - Awesome Vim plugins.
- Modern XMPP - Modern XMPP is an independent project launched to improve the quality of user-to-user messaging applications that use XMPP.
- AmIUnique - Learn how identifiable you are on the Internet.