Monthly links #4
Wednesday, February 2, 2022
2022-02-06: Removed Google AMP link. I’m sorry for not noticing it. Thank you kind reader for making me aware of it!
- XMPP, A Comeback Story: A 20 Year Old Messaging Protocol For Robust, Private and Decentralized Communications - Take back our tech
- The Open-Hardware Xassette-Asterisk Gives You a Sub-$10 Linux-Capable RISC-V Single-Board Computer - Hackster
- Cool, but obscure X11 tools - The Cyber Vanguard
- The Common Desktop Environment (CDE) is still developed and modern in 2021 - Raymii
- Samsung Is the Latest SSD Manufacturer Caught Cheating Its Customers - Extreme Tech
- Linux patch disables TRIM and NCQ on Samsung 860/870 SSDs in Intel and AMD systems - Neowin
- Linux system service bug gives root on all major distros, exploit released – Bleeping Computer
- Researchers use GPU fingerprinting to track users online - Bleeping Computer
- Env-KB - A custom mechanical keyboard inspired by the CFTKB Mysterium utilizing the Raspberry Pi Pico.
- Shark’s Wiki - Personal wiki on IBM and family keyboards.
- Världsnaturfonden varnar: Undvik svensk kyckling - SVT